Dr. James Tour
Dr. James Tour is an American chemist and nanotechnologist. He is a Professor of Chemistry, Professor of Materials Science and Nano Engineering, and Professor of Computer Science at Rice University in Houston, Texas.
Tour received degrees from Syracuse University (BS, 1981), Purdue University (PhD, 1986) and completed postdoctoral work at the University of Wisconsin–Madison (1986–1987) and Stanford University (1987–1988).
- Ranked one of the top 10 chemists in the world by Thomson Reuters.
- Named among “The 50 most Influential Scientists in the World Today” by The Best Schools.org.
- Named “Scientist of the Year” by R&D Magazine in 2013.
- Written over 700 research publications.
- Holds over 130 patent families with an H-index of 150 with total citations over 107,000.
- Inducted into the National Academy of Inventors in 2015.
- Awarded Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistryin 2020.
Read Dr. Tour’s complete list of awards, education and accomplishments at www.drjamestour.com
Faith of a Scientist
Dr. James Tour was born into a Jewish family becoming a born-again Christian in his first year at Syracuse University. He is a Messianic Jew who believes that Jesus is the Messiah.
“On November 7, 1977, while a college student, I came to the realization
that Jesus Christ is indeed the Jewish Messiah. I asked Jesus Christ to forgive
me for my sins and to come into my heart. The result was an immediate
and sustaining sense of God’s presence, peace and joy
in a manner that I had never before known.”
In Lee Strobel‘s book The Case For Faith, Dr. Tour says:
“I stand in awe of God because of what he has done through His creation.
If you really study science, it will bring you closer to God.”
Faith of a Scientist is a 2:00 radio program hosted by Dr. James Tour. Its purpose is to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ.
“I cannot let a week go by without seeing at least one person accept
Jesus Christ as their personal Savior.”
Dr. James Tour
2:00 Programs – 5 per Month
Dr. James Tour Testimony